New Detroit’s Multicultural Leadership Series offers a highly innovative approach to building cultural competency. Our goal is to develop a greater understanding of the distinctive and subtle differences between racial and ethnic groups and to provide the tools to enhance communication.
- To identify and build a strong and ongoing network of leaders in the Metropolitan Detroit area who will facilitate cross-cultural collaborations for closing the racial, ethnic, and cultural divide.
- To develop skills for facilitating ongoing dialogue, cross-cultural collaboration and advocacy among Metropolitan Detroit’s racial, ethnic, and cultural groups.
- To bridge communication gaps, promote better understanding, communication and appreciation among people.
This experience highlights the history, culture and socioeconomics of the following communities of color: African American, Arab Americans, Asian Americans, Chaldean Americans, Latino Americans and Native American. Participants attend a daylong orientation plus six 8 hour sessions.
- Increases insight and understanding of the many racial and ethnic groups in Metropolitan Detroit.
- Develops a talented and diverse group of leaders who can promote positive race relations.
- Offers an opportunity for your organization to be recognized as one committed to racial, ethnic, and cultural understanding.
2019 - 2020 Multicultural Leadership Series Schedule
Session dates are subject to change, so check back often.
For more information about the Multicultural Leadership Series contact:
Marshalle Montgomery Favors
Multicultural Leadership Series
535 Griswold St., Suite 2500
Detroit, MI 48226
(313) 664-2036 (Phone)
(313) 664-2071 (Fax)