Out of an abundance of caution and in alignment with public health considerations to halt the spread of COVID-19 in our community, the following sessions for the 2020 Multicultural Leadership Series will be held virtually.
The Multicultural Leadership Series
New Detroit’s Multicultural Leadership Series offers a highly innovative approach to building cultural competency. Our goal is to develop a greater understanding that can lead to racial equity.
- To identify and build a strong and ongoing network of leaders in the Metropolitan Detroit area who will facilitate cross-cultural collaborations for closing the racial, ethnic, and cultural divide.
- To develop skills for facilitating ongoing dialogue, cross-cultural collaboration and advocacy among Metropolitan Detroit’s racial, ethnic, and cultural groups.
- To bridge communication gaps, promote better understanding, communication and appreciation among people.
This experience highlights the history, culture and socioeconomics of the following communities of color: African Americans, Arab Americans, Asian Americans, Chaldean Americans, Latino Americans and Native Americans. Participants are required to attend all 6 sessions.
- Increases insight and understanding of the many racial and ethnic groups in Metropolitan Detroit.
- Develops a talented and diverse group of leaders who can promote positive race relations.
- Offers an opportunity for your organization to be recognized as one committed to racial, ethnic, and cultural understanding.
2019 - 2020 Multicultural Leadership Series Schedule
This series begins in October 2020 – ends December 2020
The time for each session is 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
* Dates are subject to change.
October 2, 2020
October 16, 2020
November 6, 2020
November 20, 2020
December 4, 2020
December 18, 2020
For more information about the Multicultural Leadership Series contact:
New Center One
3031 W. Grand Boulevard
Detroit, MI 48202
(313) 664-2036 (Phone)
(313) 664-2071 (Fax)